If you remember the year 2015 in Microsoft Ignite conference, a statement came from the Microsoft employee Jerry Nixon, who stated:-“Right now we are releasing Windows 10, and because Windows 10 is the last version of Windows, we are all still working on Windows 10.“
But 6 years after releasing Windows 10, Microsoft recently announced a new version of windows called “Windows 11” in the 2021 Microsoft Windows Event.
Windows 11 is still not released yet. They announced it will be released later this year(2021).
They are redesigning some components in windows. Especially the windows logo has a new refreshed look, and the logo is placed in the center of the taskbar to represent Centered Experience. The theme looks cleaner and transparent.
They modified some of their app icons too, and many more updates to come.
But unfortunately, Windows 11 will not be available on all devices.
To support Windows 11, a PC must meet these minimum system requirements given below.
Minimum system requirements
Processor – 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
Memory – 4 GB RAM
Storage – 64 GB or larger storage device
System firmware – UEFI, Secure Boot capable
TPM – Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0 Minimum system requirements
Graphics card – DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
Display – >9” with HD Resolution (720p)
Internet connection – Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home
Certain features require specific hardware. See the detailed system requirements.
If you meet those minimum system requirements given above, you are more likely to get Windows 11 updates if you have Windows 10 or you can fresh install when it is available.
There is another way you can check if your PC is Windows 11 compatible or not by installing PC Health Check Application.
You can download the “PC Health Check” application directly from Microsoft. https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
How to check Windows 11 compatibility?
- You can visit the official Microsoft website to download PC Health Check or, you can download directly from the above link mentioned earlier.
- After downloading, install it by agreeing to their terms and conditions.
- Then follow the instructions by clicking the Next button.
- After installing PC Health Check Application, open it from the shortcut icon on the desktop or by searching in the start menu.
- After opening the software, you will get the default screen, describing your PC components like your PC name, hard Disks, RAM, Battery capacity, age, etc.
- After clicking on the “Check Now” button, a pop-up will be shown describing whether your PC is eligible to run Windows 11 or not.
In this way, you can check your PC is eligible to get Windows 11 update or not.
For a detailed walkthrough, check out the video shown above.